It almost seems as if it’s some universal law that when we’re attracted to someone, we instantly run out of anything remotely interesting to say. Likewise, as soon as the awkward interaction is over, we don’t have any difficulty thinking of dozens of witty remarks and mindblowing conversation topics!
We know you have been there and done that. We have, for sure.
However, starting from today, things are about to change! We are going to be walking you through the most fool-proof and exciting things to talk about with your crush to make sure you’ll never be tongue-tied again!
Let’s get into it right away!
The Struggle of Talking to Your Crush
Let’s use our imagination and go on a brief journey through the fantasy lane.
You are in your favorite park, walking your dog and enjoying the fresh air. You know your crush is working out at a local gym nearby, and you often hope for the slim chance you may run into them casually in the park.
As if that will ever happen, right?
Well, one can only hope. Your thoughts start wandering, and you start gazing into the tree on the opposite side of the park, completely oblivious of your surroundings.
Before you know it, you notice that someone is walking towards you in the corner of your eye. That walk looks familiar. In fact, you will never forget the first time you saw it and your chin hit the floor!
Guess miracles do happen after all. And it’s already too late – they have seen you and are walking up to say hi.
Your mind starts racing as you have not even the faintest idea of what you are going to say! You start sweating intensely and are starting to become entirely sure you will make a complete fool out of yourself.
If only you had some cheatsheet to help you override the anxiety and give you time to collect your nerves!
Enter this article.
We will give you the best list of various topics to talk about, questions to ask your crush, ranging from thought-provoking to straight-up random and funny ones.
Let’s start with the topics!
Fun Topics to Talk About with Your Crush
These are our favorite picks we advise you to keep in the back of your mind at all times:
#1 – Hobbies
Talking about hobbies is a wonderful choice, as it is a very light and entertaining conversational topic.
Who knows, maybe you might even end up having the very same ones? Since talking about hobbies will allow you to connect with the other person and get to know their likes and dislikes, it is a must in things to talk about with your crush.
#2 – Pet Peeves
Ooh, this one is our favorite!
After all, it is in our nature to complain about everything under the sun, and we all love to ramble about the things that tick us off.
Talking about pet peeves can also give you a massive insight into your crush’s personality. Just like hobbies, this topic can help you bond on a deeper level.
#3 – Favorite Movies
Isn’t this one a classic?
Asking for favorite movies and tv-shows is a cliché but an effective one. It doesn’t involve any extra strain of thought for a response. Also, everyone has their favorite picks, so it gets the conversation going.
#4 – Mutual Friends
More often than not, you two will have mutual friends or at least acquaintances.
A little gossiping won’t hurt if you are into it! Talk about people you know and stories you’ve heard. Laugh your heart out but be careful not to badmouth anyone as it may make them view you negatively.
#5 – Bucket Lists
This topic is an exciting one!
It’s very fun and mind-stimulating and definitely one of the things to talk about with your crush that’ll score you some major points!
Talk about various kinds of bucket lists, such as:
- things to achieve in your lifetime;
- travel bucket list;
- things to try before you die;
- accomplishments bucket list;
This list (how appropriate) is virtually endless! Another great thing about bucket lists as a conversation topic is that it will show that you think about the bigger picture, have exciting goals, and dream big.
You can check out this great resource for bucket list ideas if you want to make your own today!
#6 – Achievements
Inviting someone to talk about their experiences and achievements is as easy of a conversation starter as they come!
We all love talking about ourselves. It will also give you an opportunity to compliment your crush on their achievements. All you have to do is make sure that you are genuine and don’t go overboard with the compliments.
#7 – Expectations
What do you expect out of your life? Your partner? Your career? A movie?
Expectations are a vast area of conversation, and that’s why you can have all the fun with it. You can ask them about anything from their biggest aspirations to the tiniest things in their life.
If that isn’t one of the most incredible things to talk about with your crush, we don’t know what is!
#8 – Self-Growth
If you want to dive into some more serious topics, self-growth is a great one.
All of us undergo changes in our lives, and you’d be surprised at how aware and proud some are of it. See how your potential partner feels about their journey through life. Where are they headed?
So take a shot and make self-growth a must-address thing to talk about with your crush.
#9 – Your Childhood
There’s a general consensus that the early years of our life shape our entire personality. Find out what made your crush tick ever since they were little by talking about your childhood and asking about theirs.
#10 – Pets
Pets are possibly the best thing to talk about with your crush!
If they have a pet or have had one sometime in the past, they’ll talk your ear off about all the funny things they did together. Pets are also an important part of our families, so this topic will allow you to get another interesting insight into your crush’s life.
#11 – Jokes
Yes, we know – you are not a comedian.
That doesn’t mean you can’t sprinkle a few of your favorite jokes into the conversation and make your crush laugh! Depending on the nature of the conversation and your personalities, you can choose from any of these:
- 41 Hilarious Dirty Jokes to Laugh Your Heart Out (NSFW)
- 37 Anti Jokes That You Shouldn’t Be Laughing At
- 27 Funniest Stupid Jokes You Just Have to Tell Your Friends
- 27 Best Psychology Jokes Guaranteed to Make You Laugh
#12 – Their Life Philosophy
The advantage of delving into this topic is that it’ll get your crush talking about an essential thing for getting to know someone: their general views on life.
Additionally, it will allow you to show off your intellectual side and share your own thoughts. Tricky, but a great thing to talk about with your crush, nonetheless.
#13 – Travel
Very few people don’t enjoy travel, making this a great and versatile topic!
Share how far you’ve gone across the globe and ask them the same. A passion for traveling shows how cultured and experienced one is, and sharing travel stories is always a good idea.
#14 – Family Dynamics
A word of caution: tread lightly here.
Test the ground first and see if this topic will go well with your crush. Not everyone is comfortable talking about family for various reasons.
However, if your crush is, you’ll find that they enjoy talking about their parents, siblings, and even some pestering aunts and uncles!
Try it for yourself and make this one of the things to talk about with your crush the next time you see them.
#15 – Parties
Do you both enjoy going out and dancing?
Ask your crush about the best party they have ever been to and let them tell you all about it. Also, you can use this opportunity to see if they would be up to going to a local party this weekend with you!
You won’t have to think about what you have to say there – you can just dance all night long!
#16 – Happy Places
This exciting subject might help you delve deeper into someone’s personality and elicit some light banter!
Does your crush have a happy place?
You would love to hear all about it! While happy places are generally positive, they can also let you in on one’s vulnerability and deepen bonds.
#17 – Books & Literature
Talking about books is always a safe bet because if you find your crush is a fellow bookworm. You may find yourself getting into a conversation that will last for hours!
Sharing favorite books will help you get to know your crush’s likes and dislikes. You can also propose reading the same book at the same time and sharing your insights once you are done.
#18 – Favorite Cuisines
As far as we know, food is the way to many people’s hearts.
Naturally, discussing food choices and favorite cuisines with your crush is a great conversation topic. Also, it can be an excellent way to draw ideas if you ever get to cook for them!
Now, we will give you some great questions that you can ask your crush to spark some interesting conversations!
25 “Get to Know You” Things to Talk About with Your Crush
These questions will help you get to know your crush and perhaps even see them in a different light:
- Who knows you in the best possible way?
- What makes you smile the widest, even on sad days?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What friend do you trust the most?
- What is your favorite TV show and why?
- What do you spend most of your time doing?
- What’s the most incredible thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What are you passionate about?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- Who makes you feel better when you are sad?
- What do you spend way too much money on?
- What are you currently worried about?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done for a girl or guy?
- What are you scared of not accomplishing?
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
- What annoys you the most?
- What movie quotes do you use regularly?
- What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
- What’s the biggest, most expensive gift you’ve ever bought yourself?
- What kind of jobs have you worked and which one did you enjoy the most?
- What’s the funniest joke you know?
- What is something you have never told anyone else?
- What’s your dream job?
- What is your biggest turn-off?
9 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Your Crush
We can dive even deeper and ask some really profound questions such as:
- What would your parents be surprised to hear about you?
- If you had no restraints, how would your perfect day look like?
- What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What is your greatest fear in life?
- What unbelievable thing keeps you up at night?
- What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
- What will you miss most in 15 years?
- You have the attention of the entire world for one minute. What would you say?
11 Fun Things to Talk About with Your Crush
Enough with the serious stuff! Let’s laugh a little:
- If a polar bear and a great white shark battled in outer space, who would win?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you know nothing about?
- What is the sexiest and least sexy name?
- If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
- What would you call a male ladybug?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever said out loud?
- What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
- What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat?
- What is the most useless skill you have?
- What is the weirdest fact you know?
- You come home, and there is an elephant in your living room. What do you do?
9 Unique & Random Things to Talk About with Your Crush
To wrap things up, here are the most random and unique things you can talk about with your crush:
- What’s the most expensive thing you’ve broken?
- How do you cure your hiccups?
- What’s the most useless word?
- Which color annoys you the most?
- What is the weirdest food you have ever tried?
- What is the first computer game you have ever played?
- Have you ever gone a whole day without wearing underwear?
- What is the first thing you wash when you get into the shower?
- If your life was a movie, what would be the soundtrack?
We hope you have enjoyed our list!
Now, let’s hear if from you:
Among all the things you can talk about with your crush, which is your favorite?
Let us know by leaving a comment down below!